Best Value Lawn Mower for the Money. The Best Deal was Right at Sears--Craftsman


I was looking for the best value lawn mower for the money. I have a medium size yard (85' x 150') and it was time to buy a new mower. My old lawn mower was a yard-man mower that I had purchased at Wal-Mart. It was on it's last leg and I was tired of all of it's little quirks.
I did some online research and it led me to Sears. The Yard-Pro Front Propelled Rear Bag Lawn Mower was a steal, on sale at $199 (regularly $349.99). The Model# 37159 is not the coolest looking mower but it packs a Kohler OHV Engine with a 22" cut. I am looking forward to using it this Spring. I would rate it as a Best Buy. My best value was the best deal I could find. EDIT-May. The Yard-Pro turned out to be a lemon. The design of the belt assembly led to grass clippings piling up into the belt pulley. This caused the belt to slow down and the engine to stop. I returned the Yard-Pro and upgraded to a Craftsman 22" 7.0 Briggs and Stratton engine. The design is much better and this mower has a variable speed lever. Much better quality but $100 more. Craftsman remains the winner in quality performance.